Sunday 25 March 2012

David Shrigley - Brain activity

A visit to the David Shrigley gallery was definitely the only gallery I’ve ever been in fits of laughter in. The main aspect of this gallery which is the reasoning for laughter I personally think is down to how much Shrigleys work relates to everyday life. Shrigley covers a wide range of art, he looks at drawing, photography, animation, film, painting, scultpture and taxidermy. Walking around The Hayward Gallery you can interact with each instillation, whether its a hole in the wall which your suppose to crawl through, and instillation in the lift or a 15 metre tall stick man with body labels such as "Bangers and Mash", "Mole" etc.

I’ve chosen to write my review on this gallery purely because I found it so interesting and feel enthusiastic to write about it.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment